Our Norwalk Hospital orthopedic and neurosurgery teams use the latest, most advanced technology available to provide expert treatment, surgical and non-surgical, for the full range of back and spine complaints. We offer the complete continuum of multidisciplinary spine care, including physical therapy and rehabilitation. Among the treatments we offer are:
- CT Scan
- Radiographs: Imaging studies, typically using x-ray, to examine the affected body part and identify the source of pain.
Treatments and Procedures
- Cervical disk arthroplasty: Artificial disk replacement procedure.
- Epidural nerve blocks: Injection of a pain-blocking medication.
- Kyphoplasty: Interventional radiology procedure to fill in a collapsed vertebrae.
- Microdiscectomy: Surgical removal of a herniated disk in the lower back.
- Physical and/or occupational therapy: Physical therapy (PT) focuses on helping your injury or impairment to heal, while occupational therapy (OT) focuses on helping you perform activities required in daily life.
- Spinal Decompression: A non-surgical traction therapy that promotes retraction or repositioning of a herniated or bulging disk.
- Spinal Fusion: A surgical procedure to fix back pain that, essentially, welds problematic vertebrae together.
- Vertebroplasty: Interventional radiology procedure involving injection of a type of cement to repair cracked or broken vertebrae.
- X-stop Procedure: A minimally invasive procedure to preserve range of motion and improve quality of life in carefully selected patients with spinal stenosis.