About Joint Replacement
Our Comprehensive Joint Replacement Center, a Center of Excellence, provides multidisciplinary care, including hip, knee and shoulder replacement. Our Center is warm, supportive and welcoming to family and friends. We offer the latest technology close to home, with a sense of community. Our Joint Replacement Center is an independent unit specializing in the care of patients after joint replacement surgery. We offer private rooms, camaraderie with other patients and families, a team approach to your care, and a navigator who provides personalized attention and guidance. Our surgeons assess your progress daily while you are in the hospital.
We’re proud to share our excellent outcome data:
- 95% of our patients would “definitely recommend” Norwalk Hospital as a joint replacement destination — a recommendation rate that’s 24% higher than the regional average.*
- At discharge, 75% of our patients are able to walk the length of a football field, a success rate that’s among the nation’s highest.
- Six weeks after surgery, 85% of patients report mild to no pain when walking and standing.
Our surgeons are experts in the use of advanced technology that contributes to our superior results:
- Our minimally invasive surgical techniques improve your recovery.
- Implants are selected by your surgeon to meet your personal needs.
- Anterior and posterolateral hip replacement approaches, computer-assisted technology, MRI-matched implants, and custom knee implants ensure your best outcome.
- Multimodal pain management supports your comfort and recovery after surgery.
- Standardized protocols minimize post-surgical complications and improve your quality of care.
Norwalk Hospital offers a free six-session smoking cessation program. For information, contact Beverly Jacoby in the Respiratory Therapy Department 203-852-2476.