Why Choose WCHN
We offer a comprehensive, integrated program with breast care specialists, services and focused programs, including high-risk, breast imaging, management of benign breast disease, surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, clinical trials and survivorship.
- Our physicians have subspecialty expertise in breast cancer care. Our staff includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, fellowship-trained breast surgeons, reconstructive surgeons, diagnostic and interventional radiologists, and pathologists.
- We use the latest technology and treatments for the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease.
- Our breast oncology nurse navigators are here to guide you through treatment, offering unparalleled skills and compassion. Our team of support specialists works together to meet all of your needs.
- Treatment recommendations are made by multidisciplinary tumor boards, providing every patient the benefit of input of many experts in designing a cancer treatment plan.
- We offer a survivorship program that continues to educate, support and care for women, even after breast cancer treatment is completed.
- Our comprehensive clinical research program offers opportunities to participate in trials investigating novel targeted therapies.
- We offer immunotherapy treatments, which are novel ways of augmenting endocrine responsiveness.
- We offer a genetics program (link to genetic testing page) to test for DNA mutations to identify the risk factors in order to catch cancer early. Services include proper intensive screening, as well as appropriate preventative medical and surgical options. This potentially leads to greater screening rates and cures both now, and for future generations.
- Our complementary medicine programs provide information on holistic modalities and use of supplements during cancer treatment.
Our team of specialists treats all types of breast problems and disease, including:
- Abnormal results from breast imaging
- Breast symptoms (masses, nipple discharge, etc.)
- Benign breast disease
- DCIS (non-invasive breast cancer)
- Invasive breast cancer of all stages, including breast cancer in men, young women, pregnant women, elderly women and all other subgroups.
The WCHN Breast Program participates in voluntary programs to demonstrate our outstanding dedication to commitment to and achievement of national quality standards. These accreditations include:
- The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a voluntary program that demonstrates our outstanding dedication and achievement of national quality standards.
- American College of Radiology (Breast Center of Excellence – BICOE), a national accreditation for breast imaging centers.
- See all of our accreditation programs.
Our dedicated team and caring staff in the Breast Care Program is here throughout your entire journey of breast cancer testing, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship.
Our newsletter brings you recipes, seasonal tips, and hospital news that can benefit you.Read Being Well
Get info on what changes you can make to improve your health and how to make them.More about Living Well
Unlock the power of food to help restore and maintain wellness.More about Eating Well