Heart and Vascular Care at Norwalk Hospital
Your heart is in good hands at Norwalk Hospital. Here at our Phyllis and David Komansky Cardiac and Vascular Center, you’ll find the latest technology and the expertise of many renowned physicians specializing in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery and interventional cardiology.
As a member of the Western Connecticut Health Network, we provide outstanding cardiovascular care to our surrounding communities. Services include prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment of all forms of heart and vascular disease.
You can count on us to provide a unique blend of compassionate, collaborative medical care and today’s most advanced procedures for treating heart and vascular disease.
At Norwalk Hospital, we provide expert, collaborative, multidisciplinary care, inpatient and outpatient, for the full range of cardiovascular conditions, including those that affect the heart, heart valves and the vascular system. Common Heart & Vascular Conditions we treat include:
- Atrial Fibrillation (Irregular Heartbeat)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Chest Pain
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Venous Disease
Click Read More below to view the full list of conditions we treat.
Diagnostics and tests we offer include:
- Diagnostic catheterization
- Diagnostic electrophysiology studies (EPS)
- Holter Monitor
- Stress Tests
Click Read More below to view the full list of diagnostics and tests we offer.
We offer the full spectrum of advanced treatments and procedures for cardiovascular disease in the areas of:
General Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Cardiology; Electrophysiology; and Structural Heart
Among the treatments we provide are:
- Aortic valve replacement
- Atherosclerosis atherectomy
- Catheter ablation
- Emergency cardiac angioplasty
- Heart bypass surgery*
- Hybrid convergent procedure for atrial fibrillation (Afib)*
- Open heart surgery*
- Pacemaker and ICD placement
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)*
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm surgery, open*
*These procedures are performed at our Network Partner, Danbury Hospital, only. Click Read More below to view the full list of treatments and procedures we offer.
At Norwalk Hospital, our cardiovascular prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation staff and programs are honored to have earned the following national recognitions and awards.
- Chest Pain Center accreditation* from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Re-Accreditation – Echocardiography, Intersocietal Accreditations Commission (IAC) (2014 – 2017)