Committed to meeting the needs of families in our community, our Norwalk Hospital Pediatric Development and Therapy Center provides specialized care for children with developmental and behavioral needs in one location.
Our team offers a comprehensive approach to evaluating children with special needs, from newborns to age 18, in a bright, open, state-of-the-art facility.
The Center is staffed by multidisciplinary pediatric specialists including:
- Developmental – Behavioral pediatrician
- Licensed clinical child psychologist
- Child and adolescent psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
We provide developmental assessments to diagnose and plan treatment for children with such challenges as:
- Attention deficit disorder/attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Developmental delays in prematurity
- Delays in motor performance
- Behavioral problems
- Neuromotor difficulties
- NICU follow-ups
- Sensory processing challenges
- Communication deficits
A variety of specialized therapy services are available to improve children’s foundations for motor skills, daily living skills, attention span, academic performance and behavior skills. Once your child’s condition is diagnosed, our team will write a formal report and make a recommendations based on your child’s needs.
Services we provide include:
- Developmental assessments
- Diagnostic evaluation for developmental and behavioral disorders
- Ongoing developmental follow-up
- Medication management
- DIR / Floor time
- Screenings for learning disabilities
- Pediatric rehabilitation services (occupational, physical and speech/language therapy)
- Family support and education services
- Group treatments
- Parent support groups
If your child also has other complex medical needs, Norwalk Hospital’s Pediatric Subspecialty Center provides advanced pediatric specialty care in cardiology, gastroenterology, urology, pulmonology, scoliosis and spine deformity, neurology, sleep medicine, and ear, nose and throat care. Care is coordinated between pediatric specialists so your child receives seamless, integrated care.
If you are referred by a medical provider, please obtain a referral prior to scheduling an appointment with our center. We also accept community referrals and a variety of health insurance plans.
For more information or to make an appointment at the Center, please call 203-853-2342.
Pediatric Services at Norwalk Hospital