Pulmonary Services We Provide
We perform specialized services, such as cardiopulmonary exercise testing to measure your degree of fitness and aid in the assessment of shortness of breath; specific diagnostic asthma testing; and testing to determine the need for supplemental oxygen for everyday living or air travel. In addition, our lab specialists offer testing for disability evaluations.
Services we provide include:
- Lung cancer screening
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Pulmonary function testing (PFT)
- Body plethysmography
- Methacholine, cold air or exercise challenge testing for the diagnosis of asthma
- Pulmonary exercise testing
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Exercise oximetry for oxygen need assessment
- Overnight oximetry
- Fit-to-fly test for oxygen requirements during air travel
- Altitude testing
- Sputum induction
Lung Cancer Services
Norwalk Hospital is home to New England’s only Lung Cancer Center of Excellence; we are one of just six in the entire US. This means that we take a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to lung cancer care.
We also offer unique diagnostic services—a state-of-the-art biopsy service, and a combined endobronchial ultrasound and endoscopic ultrasound procedure for the diagnosis and staging of lung cancer.