Norwalk Hospital offers inpatient care for acute psychiatric conditions for adults 18 years and older. Our psychiatric consultation team provides expert, supportive care for people hospitalized for medical or surgical needs who also have accompanying psychiatric illness.
Our psychiatric inpatient multidisciplinary team includes physician-psychiatrists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses, social workers, activity therapists, experienced psychiatric RNs and support staff. Our goal is to stabilize acute psychiatric symptoms. To that end, we offer a range of supportive, personalized services, including:
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Individualized treatment planning
- Medication management
- Group and recreational therapy
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Referral to community resources