Endocrinology, the medical specialty that focuses on care of the endocrine system (your hormones), includes all types of diabetes as well as metabolic disorders, thyroid disease, osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases and disorders of the pituitary and adrenal glands.
Endocrine conditions that we treat at Norwalk Hospital include:
- Adrenal disorder
- Calcium metabolic disorder
- Diabetes (all forms, including type 1, also called juvenile diabetes; type 2 and gestational, or pregnancy-related, diabetes and prediabetes)
- Lipid disorders (related to cholesterol or triglycerides)
- Metabolic bone disorder
- Metabolic disorder
- Pituitary disorder
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Thyroid disorder
- Thyroid nodule and thyroid cancer
Are you at risk for diabetes?
Click here to take a simple test to find out your risk for diabetes.Download a copy of our Diabetes Outpatient Self-Management Education Program brochure.