Candidates interested in the Western Connecticut Health Network Dietetic Internship Program must meet the following requirements.
Applicants must participate in the Spring DICAS matching process and meet the following criteria to be considered for admission to the internship program:
- Minimum DPD GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
- Verification Statement from an approved undergraduate or certificate program in dietetics
- Excellent reference/recommendations- one required from DPD Director
- Applicable nutrition courses must have been completed within the past 5 years
- GRE not required
Applicants must include the following in your personal statement on DICAS:
- Why you are interested in the WCHN Dietetic Internship?
- Why would you be successful in the WCHN Dietetic Internship?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Application and Selection Process
Danbury Hospital Dietetic Internship participates in the online centralized internship application, DICAS.
- Please visit DNDDigital.com for the timelines and fees for the Spring match
D & D Digital Systems
304 Main Street
Ames, IA 50010
- Submit the Western Connecticut Health Network Supplemental Application and the $60 application fee
(Check payable to WCHN Dietetic Internship)
- We typically receive around 30-40 applications for 6 openings
Mail to: Danbury Hospital Food and Nutrition Department
c/o Janet Hiser
24 Hospital Ave
Danbury, CT 06810
Top applicants will be interviewed in early March through Skype via the internet. The interviews are conducted by the Dietetic Internship Director and a panel of preceptors from the program, the interview will last approximately 15 minutes. The panel will ask general questions regarding your experience and skills. Western Connecticut Health Network is an equal opportunity institution with respect to both education and employment.
Western Connecticut Health Network does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, present or past history of mental disorder, disability, handicap or sexual orientation.
Following acceptance to the Internship Program, the student will receive:
- A welcome letter with additional information about the program
- A list of pre-program assignments
- A list of requirements including medical testing and medical insurance
Interviews conducted for selected candidates
Applicant matching results will be posted on D&D Digital, please visit website for exact dates
Matched applicants MUST CONTACT the Dietetic Internship Program by telephone, FAX, or e-mail to confirm acceptance of the MATCH.
After this time, the program is under no obligation to hold the opening for the matched applicant.
Incoming interns will receive a welcome letter as well as pre-program homework assignments and information regarding physicals and needed documentation for the start of the internship.
$500.00 deposit due
Remainder of tuition payment due: $8,500.00