Here at Norwalk Hospital, we understand that there is no single approach to nutrition that works for everyone. That is why we are proud to offer individual and group options for counseling. Our registered dietitians offer adult and pediatric one-on-one medical nutrition therapy, by appointment, Monday through Saturday, with some evening hours. Insurance coverage varies and preauthorization is recommended. Medicare currently covers nutrition services for diabetes and certain kidney conditions.
Through counseling, you can learn how to:
● Make better food choices
● Change your eating habits through behavioral strategies
● Prepare foods and modify recipes
● Read food labels and shop for food
● Plan meals and dining-out options
● Learn stress management techniques