Norwalk Hospital’s board-certified breast surgeons provide compassionate, individualized and high-quality surgical care for breast cancer and other breast conditions. We treat the full range of breast-related problems, including:
- Breast pain
- Breast lumps
- Nipple discharge
- Breast cysts
- Breast cancer
- Abnormal breast imaging (abnormal mammogram)
- High-risk factors for breast cancer
Breast procedures performed by our expert breast surgeons include:
- Breast biopsy: Removal of a small tissue sample to be tested for the presence of abnormal cells
- Cyst aspiration: Removal of fluid from a breast cyst to be tested for the presence of abnormal cells
- Fine needle aspiration (FNA): A type of biopsy that uses a needle to obtain a tissue sample
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: Surgical procedure testing lymph nodes to see if cancer has spread and, if yes, how far.
Our Smilow Family Breast Health Center offers a comprehensive surgical wellness program both before and after breast surgery.