Norwalk Hospital’s experienced obstetric/gynecologic (ob/gyn) surgeons are known for expertise using minimally invasive surgery for a wide range of gynecologic conditions, including those that affect any part of the female reproductive system (uterus, vagina and ovaries). Our expert OB/GYN surgeons diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Gynecologic cancers
- Painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain (chronic)
Our gynecologic surgeons perform procedures such as:
- Dilatation and curettage (D&C): A surgical procedure to remove part of the lining of the uterus and/or the contents of the uterus
- Fibroid removal
- Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus for diagnosis and treatment of a variety of conditions and diseases, including cancer or uterine fibroids
- Treatment for pelvic organ prolapse
- Tubal ligation: Surgical sterilization by sealing the fallopian tubes to prevent eggs from reaching the uterus for fertilization.
Whenever possible, our gyn surgeons perform minimally invasive robotic surgery with our state-of-the-art da Vinci robotic surgical system, with many advantages for this sensitive area.