Our surgeons are continually recognized for their experience, excellent outcomes and expertise in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Here are some of the awards we’re privileged to receive:
- Ranked as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgery
- Ranked #1 in Connecticut for Vascular Surgery
- A Five-Star Recipient for Gastrointestinal Procedures and Surgeries
A Proud Record of “Firsts” and Honors for Our Surgeons
Our surgeons are nationally known for innovation. Achievements we’re especially proud to share include:
- Our colorectal surgeons perform more robotic colorectal surgeries than any other hospital in Fairfield County.
- We were Fairfield County’s first hospital to perform single-incision robotic surgery of any type; the first single-incision gallbladder removal using the da Vinci surgical system to achieve a “scarless” result was done at Norwalk Hospital.
- Our urologists are widely known for advancements in the surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence for both men and women, for pioneering therapies for vaginal vault prolapse and for being among the first in the country to offer Botox treatment for the bladder.
- Several of our Norwalk Hospital vascular surgeons have been named Top Doctors in Fairfield County. Renowned for treatment of complex venous disease, our vascular surgeons lead national research and offer procedures only performed at a few, select academic medical centers.
- Dr. Paul Gagne, Chief of Vascular Surgery, was the first surgeon in Connecticut to implant a drug-eluting stent to reopen a blocked artery in the thigh of a person with peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
Depending on your medical needs and the procedure you are having, we offer both inpatient and outpatient surgeries. Surgeries we perform at Norwalk Hospital include:
- Breast surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Eye surgery
- General & digestive disease surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Orthopedic surgery, including foot and ankle; joint replacement and spine surgery
- Plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgery
- Thoracic (chest) surgery
- Urologic/prostate surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Weight loss surgery