At Norwalk Hospital, our board-certified urologists are leaders in the diagnosis, treatment and management of genitourinary problems (for both men and women, children and adolescents) that affect the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, bladder and urethra, as well as (for men) the prostate and other reproductive organs.
Our expert urologists treat conditions such as:
- Female urologic disorders, including urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Kidney, bladder, prostate and testicular cancer
- Kidney stones
- Male sexual difficulties
- Prostate cancer
- Urinary tract infections and calculi
- Vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
Our Norwalk Hospital urologists are known nationally for innovation, including advancements in the surgical treatment of stress urinary incontinence for both men and women. We have also pioneered therapies for vaginal vault prolapse. Additionally, Norwalk Hospital was one of the first hospitals in the country to offer Botox treatment for the bladder. Procedures we perform include:
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for kidney stones: Non-surgical treatment for kidney stones
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy: Removal of all or part of a kidney
- Minimally invasive photo-vaporization of the prostate: Removal of excess prostate tissue for an enlarged prostate
- Minimally invasive surgical treatment for female incontinence
- Pyeloplasty: Removal of a blockage in the urinary system
Urologists at Norwalk Hospital specialize in the care of children and adolescents with urologic and gynecologic problems. Some of our doctors have extensive experience caring for urologic problems in children.