At Norwalk Hospital, we understand that a child is life’s most precious gift. No parent should feel the need to choose between expert medical care and a warm, supportive community environment. We are committed to providing exceptional care in a tender, loving manner to the children of our community. For children who need hospital care, our child-friendly pediatric unit offers a variety of supports to make your child’s stay as comfortable as possible for both of you.
Connecticut Children’s Medical Center (Connecticut Children’s) and Norwalk Hospital have joined together to create a new pediatric alliance that brings Connecticut Children’s distinguishing attributes and highly specialized pediatric care to families throughout western Connecticut. This alliance provides greater access to high quality subspecialty care closer to home.
Connecticut Children’s pediatric hospitalists and neonatologists are now providing around-the-clock inpatient medical care for children at Norwalk Hospital’s pediatric unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Pediatricians and family physicians can refer children to our EDs for evaluation and care, and hospitalization if needed. They may also contact the pediatric hospitalist team for direct admissions as appropriate. When babies leave the NICU after treatment, neonatal patients are supported by Neonatal Neurodevelopmental Follow-Up Program and Medical Transition Program which help pediatricians provide the unique care these newborns need. Primary care providers will be kept up to date with their patient’s progress by telephone and timely discharge summaries.
By aligning with Connecticut Children’s, we are bringing an exceptional level of specialized pediatric care and professional expertise to our youngest patients.
WCHN’s Pediatric Development & Therapy Center provides comprehensive, advanced pediatric developmental assessment and therapy services all in one outpatient family-centered location.
As part of a pediatric care alliance with Connecticut Children's, we are pleased to offer developmental pediatric services when you need them. The center specializes in outpatient services to diagnose and treat children birth to 18 years with developmental, behavioral and physical conditions. Through this pediatric alliance, patients and families also have access to developmental pediatric programs and services at Connecticut Children’s and a network of pediatric specialists working across a range of pediatric subspecialties in support of developmental pediatrics.
WCHN and Connecticut Children's are committed to meeting the needs of families in Western Connecticut by providing world-class developmental pediatric care close to home.
Our specialists include:
- Developmental – Behavioral Pediatricians
- Board-certified Neurologist
- Licensed Clinical Psychologists with expertise evaluating and treating children with cognitive and behavioral disabilities
Physical, occupational and speech/language therapists
The Pediatric Development & Therapy Center offers a wide range of specialized, professional services, including:
- Developmental assessment
- Diagnostic evaluation of early childhood disorders
- Developmental monitoring
- Neurodevelopmental and behavioral assessments
- Pediatric rehabilitation services; including occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Groups, including Parent Support and Social Skills
The center is supported by a pediatric care alliance between WCHN and Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
761 Main Street, Suite 203
Norwalk, CT 06851
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm
If your child has complex medical needs, there’s no need to drive to New York or New Haven for top-quality care. Norwalk Hospital’s Pediatric Subspecialty Center provides advanced pediatric specialty care close to home in a supportive, child-friendly setting.
We operate our Center in partnership with the widely acclaimed Maria Fereri Children’s Hospital at Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College as well as local pediatric specialists. The Center is staffed by pediatric specialty physicians who provide expert diagnosis and treatment for children with complex conditions, from newborns to age 18.
Specialty Care We Provide
We provide high-quality specialty care in these areas:
- Hematology / Oncology
Having one central location for pediatric specialists makes it easier for parents to schedule multiple appointments at the same visit. Other benefits include:
- Because the Center is located next to Norwalk Hospital, blood drawing, diagnostic imaging and other medical services are just steps away.
- If your child needs to have a surgical procedure, our operating room (OR) has a child-friendly procedure suite, where you and your family can be comfortable.
- If your child needs to be hospitalized, the Center’s specialists are available for inpatient consultations, enhancing continuity of care.
- If your child also has developmental and behavioral needs, Norwalk Hospital’s Pediatric Development and Therapy Center provides a variety of specialized services to improve children’s foundations for motor skills, daily living skills, attention span, academic performance and behavior skills.
A doctor’s referral is required for an appointment at the Pediatric Subspecialty Center, and most health insurance plans are accepted.
For more information or to schedule an appointment at the Center, please call 203-857-4714. The Center is conveniently located in:
761 Main Avenue, Suite 112S
Norwalk, CT 06851