Hybrid Operating Room
Designed to facilitate the most advanced vascular and endovascular procedures, Norwalk Hospital’s 1,000 square foot hybrid operating room (OR) combines state-of-the-art surgical technology with the most cutting-edge imaging capabilities in one location.
The hybrid OR is equipped with three dimensional imaging software that reconstructs high-resolution images, allowing vascular surgeons to perform intricate procedures with extreme precision in less time, using less radiation and less contrast material—all significant patient benefits.
Norwalk Hospital’s hybrid OR will be used for a variety of minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Complex venous procedures for treating acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and post thrombotic syndrome (PTS)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic percutaneous vascular procedures
- Abdominal aneurysm stent grafts
- Combined open and endovascular procedures
- Endovascular repairs of the aorta or the carotid artery