Due to the winter storm warning in Connecticut and New York, the COVID-19 vaccine clinics at Nuvance Health will have changes in hours of operation Monday, February 1 to Tuesday February 2.
Due to the scheduling systems and clinic capacity, we cannot reschedule your appointment for you or add new clinic hours at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
If you need to reschedule your second dose, please do not worry. According to CDC guidelines, second doses for both Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines can be administered up to six weeks after the first dose.
We understand it may be disappointing to have to reschedule your appointment. However, your safety is paramount to us. The National Weather Service is estimating that up to 18 inches of snow may accumulate in parts of Connecticut and southeast New York and there could be blizzard-like conditions on Monday with wind gusts up to 50 mph.
Please stay safe and warm during the storm.
- Danbury Hospital and Norwalk Hospital: Closed all day Monday, February 1 through Tuesday, February 2 at 12pm.
- New Milford Hospital: Not affected because the clinic is normally not open on Mondays or Tuesdays.
- Sharon Hospital: Closed all day Monday, February 1 and 2 because the clinic is normally closed in the afternoons.
Affected individuals with scheduled appointments will receive a cancelation email from CDC/VAMS (Vaccine Administration Management System is the CDC system Nuvance Health is using to schedule vaccine appointments). Steps for how to reschedule your appointment at the next earliest opening will be included in the email.
If you do not get the email, check your junk folder. You can also login directly to your VAMS account.
Based on supply, Nuvance Health vaccine clinics at New York hospitals are only offering vaccines to our Phase 1a eligible healthcare workers, and second dose appointments for Phase 1b eligible individuals who got their first dose at one of our clinics.
- Northern Dutchess Hospital: The clinic is open Monday, February 1 until 10:30am and then closed through Tuesday, February 2 at 12pm. The vaccine clinic is calling those affected to reschedule appointments.
- Putnam Hospital: Closed all day Monday, February 1 and 2 because the clinic is normally closed in the afternoons. Affected individuals will receive an email with a link for how to reschedule your appointment.
- Vassar Brothers Medical Center: Closed all day Monday, 2/1 through Tuesday 2/2 at 12pm. Affected individuals will receive an email with a link for how to reschedule your appointment.
Amy Forni, Manager, Public Relations
(203) 739-7478 | Amy.Forni@nuvancehealth.org
Andrea Rynn, Assistant Vice President, Community, Government, and Public Affairs
(203) 739-7919 | Andrea.Rynn@nuvancehealth.org