NORWALK, Connecticut – December 5, 2016 – The C. Anthony and Jean Whittingham Cancer Center at Norwalk Hospital is honored to receive contributions totaling $15,000 from Saint Ann Club.
“These donations are made in honor of our members who have been touched by cancer,” explains Camille Andreozzi, President of St. Ann Ladies’ Auxiliary. Based in Norwalk, CT, Saint Ann Club was founded in 1914 to raise money to support causes throughout the community. Their mission continues today.
Andreozzi and Carolyn Shannahan, Financial Secretary of St. Ann Ladies’ Auxiliary, co-chaired a barbecue earlier this year to fund-raise for the Whittingham Cancer Center. Event proceeds along with a donation from Saint Ann Club total $15,000.
Lynne Briody, CFRE, Director Physician Partnerships, Senior Philanthropy Officer, Norwalk Hospital Foundation, expressed her appreciation for these fund-raising efforts.
“We couldn’t do what we do without the community support we receive from donors such as Saint Ann Club. It’s heartwarming and inspirational to have such an affiliation.”
The donations will be used to further enhance the services offered at the C. Anthony and Jean Whittingham Cancer Center, which was unveiled with a ribbon cutting ceremony on October 29, 2016. The 35,000-square-foot facility combines the latest in life-saving technologies with the medical expertise and personalized care the community has come to rely upon, and is the centerpiece of Norwalk Hospital’s cancer care programming.
“Our volunteers work tirelessly to support our goal to raise funds to give back to the community, and Norwalk Hospital is a pillar in our community,” Andreozzi added.