Our Director and Staff
Our director, Chaplain Rev. Debra Slade, is a APC board-certified chaplain, and ACPE Supervisor. She attended Yale Divinity School, where she was awarded a master’s of divinity and a diploma in anglican studies. In addition, Chaplain Debra holds a law degree from Oxford University, where she studied as a Rhodes Scholar. Prior to her vocation in ministry, she had a 15-year career as a not-for-profit executive and advocate for medical research.
Supporting Chaplain Debra is a chaplain staff of experienced spiritual caregivers and communicators who provide comprehensive daily support to patients, families and hospital staff members. Chaplaincy care is also provided by our Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Chaplain Interns.
Our Spiritual Care Team
Meet our spiritual care team:
- Chaplain Rev. Debra Slade, BCC, Director and ACPE Supervisor
- Chaplain Carol Bauer, Maternal/Child Care
- Chaplain Stephen Pond, Palliative Care
- Chaplain Annie Hartigan, Psychiatry
- Chaplain Kaye May, Oncology
- Chaplain Lori Torrano, On-Call Emergency Chaplain
- Melanie Barnard, Critical Care and Staff Needs
- Lashaun Brown, Administrative Assistant
- Father Paul Sankar, Roman Catholic Priest
- Father Charles Anemelu, Roman Catholic Priest
- Rabbi Dovid Stein, Rabbi and Chaplain