Western Connecticut Health Network’s guiding philosophy of medical excellence and compassionate care is deeply rooted in our ties to the community and is fueled by the community’s philanthropic investment in its facilities, programs and patient services.
Endowed chairs enable us to attract and retain the highest quality clinicians, foster innovation, scholarship and research, and fund important and creative projects that imagine and shape the future.
Through the establishment of an endowed chair, the endowed chair donors become part of the fabric of Western Connecticut Health Network, leaving a legacy of caring while honoring an outstanding medical professional for his or her accomplishments. Endowed chairs are established with a minimum gift of $1 million, providing a perpetual source of funding from investment earnings while maintaining the principal.
Our Endowed Chairs
- Fred and Irmi Bering Endowed Chair in Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Carmen L. and Peter Buck Endowed Chair in Surgery
- Linda and Stephen R. Cohen Endowed Chair in Vascular Services
- Ervie and Carolyn Hawley Endowed Chair in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
- Beatrice Hofstadter White Endowed Chair for Nursing Education
- Harold and Cora Spratt Endowed Chair in Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Rudy and Sally Ruggles Endowed Chief of Cancer Research
- Christian J. Trefz Family Endowed Chair in Global Health
- Bedoukian Endowed Chair for Innovation and Research
- Andrew Cruz Endowed Chair in Palliative Care
- Colabella Family Endowed Chair in Pediatrics