Norwalk Hospital is very proud to offer a Nurse Residency Program. As a newly licensed nurse working in an acute-care facility, there are many transitions that will take place and we look to make these transitions as smooth as possible.
All new graduate nurses hired at Norwalk Hospital will enter into the Nurse Residency Program. This program is intended to provide support during the first year of employment at Norwalk Hospital. Included in the Residency Program are the following:
- 12-week orientation with a preceptor
- Weekly lunches to meet with the residency educators for support, sharing and journaling.
- Monthly 8-hour meetings are designed to provide confidence/skills in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Transitioning into a new role
- Emergencies at the bedside
- Conflict management
- Safety/quality in patient care
- Patient-centered care
For any questions or concerns regarding the Nurse Residency Program please contact:
Donna Corsino, RN at 203-852-2169 or Connie Cozens, RN at 203-852-2191
Once again on behalf of the Department of Nursing Education, we welcome you and look forward to working with you.